- Walking During Work Meetings Bring Benefits
- How to Exercise on 'Rest and Recovery' Days
- Health Tip: Treating a Charley Horse
- Weight-Free Strength Training
- Health Tip: Benefits of Fitness Boxing
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
At the same time, neglecting rest can backfire.
MedlinePlus mentions possible symptoms of too much exercise:
- Being unable to perform at the same level.
- Needing longer periods of rest.
- Feeling tired, depressed, anxious or irritable.
- Having difficulty sleeping.
- Having sore muscles.
- Getting overuse injuries.
- Getting more colds than usual.