- COPD May Strike Women Harder Than Men
- Unfiltered Cigarettes Are Most Deadly
- Bill Raise U.S. Legal Age to Buy Tobacco to 21
- Injured Lungs Can Be Regenerated for Transplant
- Vaping and Smoking Signal Motivation to Quit
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
To help prevent bronchitis, Mayo suggests:
- Avoid cigarette smoke.
- Get vaccinated for flu.
- Wash your hands regularly.
Mayo also reminds people to wear a surgical mask if they have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.