Most commonly, people have muscle spasms in the thighs, calves, foot arches, hands, arms, and abdomen.
Muscle spasms can range from mild twitches to very painful aches. They can also last from seconds to minutes.
Poor stretching, muscle fatigue, dehydration, and electrolyte imbalance are typical contributors to muscle spasms.
- Could CBD Treat Opioid Addiction?
- Less Pain, More Car Crashes: Legalized Marijuana
- Hypnotherapy, Alternative to Opioids for Pain?
- Scientists Spot Unexpected Player in Fibromyalgia
- 1 in 4 American Workers Struggles With Back Pain
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!