- Plan your route by considering potential obstacles.
- Avoid narrow doors, steps, low branches, slippery floors and steep footpaths.
- When pushing, stay close to the wheelchair. Push with your entire body weight.
- When pushing, keep your arms near your body and your elbows bent.
- When stopped, ensure that the chair's brakes are on.
- To fully apply brakes, push them until they click.
Thursday, October 03, 2019
Pushing a Wheelchair Safely: Health Tip
Health news blog is dedicated to providing you with the latest health, medical and fitness news on a wide range of health conditions. Any health advice provided in the news content is meant to provide readers with potentially helpful health news and general information and not meant as a formal health advice. This blog is published by Dr Vivienne Balonwu ...